Thursday 5 April 2012

E is for Eating

Day #5 of the A-Z Challenge

Here is a simple list of what hamsters should not eat.

I thought it would be more helpful to write what not to feed them, instead of what to feed them, as most people know what to feed their hamsters, but do not realise what is bad for them.

  • Lettuce
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • The Tops of Tomatoes (- it is probably safer to avoid tomato altogether though)
  • Rhubarb
  • Fruit leaves, seeds, pits and stones
  • Pork
  • Raw kidney beans
  • Avacado
  • Spices
  • Raw potato
  • Potato tops
  • Citrus fruits
  • Watermelon
  • Eggplant
  • Leeks
  • Chives
  • Pickles
  • Almonds
  • Chocolate
  • Grass

Hope this is useful for anyone is unsure of what is bad for their hamster!

4 comments:

  1. How cute, a blog about hamsters, love it. Hamsters were my first pets as a child and I have always liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chocolate and pickles? Really. Wow. What an interesting combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't know almonds were on the list! I fed them to Wally one time; he loved them! But never ever again.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to have to increase my hamsters caffeine intake for sure. He keeps falling asleep at the wheel.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, all comments are welcome!