Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas Countdown - 3 days to go!

There are only 3 days left til Christmas! I am so excited!

While I was in the festive spirit, I decided to write a festive hamster poem, inspired by 'Twas the night before Christmas'.


On the night before Christmas,
I was asleep on my pillow,
but one creature was stirring,
and that was my Willow.

She was running around,
frenzied with joy,
waiting for the presents,
and hoping for a fun toy.

She raced in her wheel,
like the speed of light,
then went back into her house,
to settle in for the night.

She rummaged around,
preparing her bed,
then nibbled some food,
before finally resting her head.

When she next awoke,
it was Christmas day,
and Hannah was there
to come for a play.

In Willow's cage lay a new little toy,
which Willow discovered, full of joy.
She played with it happily, day after day
and they had a wonderful Christmas, full of play.



Hope you enjoyed the poem, even if it was a little odd!

Christmas hamster of the day:
Via here.


6 comments:

  1. We LOVE your poem!!!
    It is perfect and wonderful.
    ...counting the days. Merry Christmas!!!
    xo,
    Katie, Glogirly & Waffles TOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a cute poem! I am sure Willow will have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if I'm at the right place or not but I also do Saturday Photo Hunt. Hope you can join in...I have fun at it.
    I believe this is the first time at a hamster blog....I got my photo up and the coffee is on
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so creative! Lovely poem! Happy Christmas to you and Willow. x
    Maddy J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! Glad you like the poem! Thanks for all your comments, I really appreciate it! :D
    Hannah & Willow

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, all comments are welcome!